First off, What.A.Game! My kids kept telling me to quit yelling so loud during the game. Every shot was amazing (and it wasn’t just Jimmer either)!
Hartsock goes 5-5, 3-3 from 3 point land with 13 points.
Abouo had 8 points and 4 rebounds in 26 minutes.
Emery cam out shooting and ended with 16 points hitting 6 for 11, 3 three-pointers, and 3 steals.
But the biggest stand out tonight, besides “The Jimmer”, was Stephen Rogers. Rogers was 3-4, 1-2 from 3 point land, 3-3 from the foul line, and ended with 10 points in only 11 minutes. Talk about stepping up at the right time. I predict, and I know this is early, that next year he will be an awesome contributor to the success of BYU’s team in the WCC.
I usually tweet about Jimmer during the game but was too focused to do that today. So I decided to look back at some of the best tweets and Facebook status updates from today:
UPDATE: New tweet today from @MagicJohnson:
For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. #MenCare
10 Best #Jimmer Tweets
- No surprise here – #Jimmer is most mentioned player the first week of #MarchMadness with over 110K mentions. #BYU
- The Chuckster making BYU his highlight of the day, over the bizzare Butler game, was a nice touch #jimmer
- Imagine if no one ever watched b ball (my wife) and they just saw jimmer play they would be like why is the 3 point line so close? #jimmer
- Had the #Zags as an upset pic. Lesson: Don’t bet againt The #Jimmer.
- #Jimmer is ridiculous. Why is Florida so lucky that we will have to play him?
- Mormons can’t do drugs so Jimmer Fredette gets high on 3’s #Jimmer #byu
- That #Jimmer guy has caught my eye… Not so much a #BYU fan but i am a #Fredette fan… Good job white boy, who said they can’t ball out?
- Okay all u Jimmer crazed fans u r right don’t go against Jimmer .Could we be seeing a show ala KU’s Danny Manning or @StephenCurry30 ? (via @DickieV)
- I hope @DickieV calls #BYU an underdog again next week. Calling BYU an underdog is like giving Popeye spinach. #Jimmer
- #jimmer. Giving hope to undersized, scrawny, white kids nationwide. Screw tennis. We might have a little hope.
Which of these do you like best?
Are there better #Jimmer Tweets I missed?